Saturday, 3 March 2012

Bad Blood - beware the moon.....

As I may have mentioned once or twice, one of my pet projects has been a vampire story that I've been writing on and off for over a decade (my original foray into the world of vampires was a strip I drew back in 1987!!!). My "Vampire Saga", as it was known, now has the official title of BAD BLOOD: A VAMPIRE PROPHECY. During my near decade-long career in comics, I was fortunate to have been able to achieve my ambitions and draw characters such as the Incredible Hulk, Spider-man, the Transformers and Death's Head... characters I have grown up reading and loving since I was a child. But another ambition of mine has been to someday publish my own stories as well... and my vampire story is one that has been close to my heart for a long time. In the story, vampires won't be the only creatures of the night to beware of.... Here's a character design piece that I thought I would share with you....



Beware the moon indeed.....


BAD BLOOD: A VAMPIRE PROPHECY and all related characters, artwork and story are ™ & © Simon Williams. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Grufflock said...

Very, very nice work man.

Simon Wyatt said...

Simon, that's a seriously badass werewolf/wolfman - all the influences are there, classic/universal and (Ollie Reed) Hammer but it has your really unique look! I'm so excited at what you're going to do with this story, man.

I'm not going to say that the previously drawn mainstream stuff you've produced isn't awesome, but I feel THIS is what will truly define you.

You can tell that you're putting your heart and soul into this project(and what werewolf doesn't appreciate a tasty heart!)

I'm wishing you every success with this my friend and can't wait to see it when its complete.

Beware the moon!

Cheers,

Si

Simon Williams said...

Gruff.... cheers bro!

Si... thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words! You've certainly nailed my influences there... those Universal and Hammer horror classics are certainly favourites of mine, Curse Of the Werewolf being one of the best werewolf films of all time! The original inspiration for this story I'll admit is the 1970's version of Salem's Lot, which is one of my all-time favourite horrors (I still get the shivers watching it as well!).

Again, thanks for the kind words... this story does mean a lot to me. As you guys know from my current circumstances, it may not be for some time.. but it's a dear wish of mine that this story will see the light some day - and I hope you guys will be there to share it with me :)